• Alway walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
• Cross the road at crosswalks or designated midblock crossings.
• Don't rely solely on pedestrian signals. Look before you cross the road.
• Ride with the flow of traffic, not against it.
• At night, ride with a white front light and a red tail light.
• Follow the rules of the road. Stop at redlights and stop signs. Obey all traffic signals.
• Bicycles are legal vehicles. Wait until traffic conditions allow you to pass safely, giving them at least three feet.
• Obey speed limits and come to a complete STOP at stop signs.
• Never pass/overtake a vehicle that is stopped for pedestrians.
Midblock Crossing Tips
• Drivers - Flashing yellow lights mean STOP.
• Cyclists - Yield to all pedestrians.
• Pedestrians - Be visible to traffic.